Reading group on the writings of 毛澤東 Mao Tse Tung

[some reading militants reading militant writing]

Saturday, April 15, 2006

On Democratic Centralism

I suggest we read "On Democratic Centralism" next. It's mostly a practical explanation of democratic centralism, but in contains important chides at the emerging revisionist forces. For Those of you with a book of Mao's writings or access to them it is in Chairman Mao Talks to the People, Stuart Schram, 1974.

Update from Mark: this reading is the second section of this larger document from 1962 (thanks to cf for the link). If y'all haven't read the reading yet, this is probably a better source to read from as it is in html.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    Sounds good. I'm going to be a little slow on this one cuz I'm snowed under in other stuff and am sick. Just so it's clear that my lack of immediate response is not lack of enthusiasm. I think I can have it read and responded to in a week or two. Thanks for kicking this one off.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Zero said…

    Hope you don't mind if I join in!

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Himself said…

    nate, it's very short.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger celticfire said…

    Nate:
    Yeah comrade, it is very short, only a few pages at most, but filled with a well of practical knowledge applied with theory. I look forward to this :)

    What say we add Zero in on this?

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Himself said…

    cf: I don't know wtf's happening with membership of this blog as we seem to have a number of new members already.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home